A rebozo is a long, flat, tightly woven traditional Mexican garment. It can be used to carry babies, but is also very useful for pregnant women, and during labour.
Rebozo-sifting, -jiggling or -wrapping can
- help you relax in between surges (to some women it feels like they are being swaddled, and gently hugged)
- relax tight ligaments during pregnancy and in labour
- help rotate baby’s body into an optimal position
- provide back-pain relief
- help realign the pelvis in a way that helps your baby move further down
- protect the mom’s abdominal muscles after the delivery
When used by a support person or doula the rebozo becomes a multifunctional tool to assist the labouring woman in relaxation and positioning. Please contact me with any questions you may have about the use of a rebozo. Even if I am not hired to be your doula, I am always happy to come to your home to teach you the techniques with your rebozo. This is truly one of the greatest tools for a more comfortable and enjoyable delivery.